SST Range/Variation on track - users feedback

DeepSouthTX

Furuno Fan
Is anyone using the SST Variation or Range on track color? I just got the TZTs so I have not had a bunch of time playing with the two options. I was wondering if anyone had any settings or suggestions. I was hoping to use it to identify a significant temp break while steaming. For instance maybe a 1 degree change over a hundred yards or something like that. The default .2 degree changes quite a bit here in my area of the gulf. The only way to see an abrupt change would be to see it either jump several colors or maybe see a bunch (5) color changes over the 100 yards for example. Thats just my educated guess. Just hoping someone with some experience using this feature could share some pointers. Or maybe the range would be better to identify temp breaks. I need to look at how that works too. Thank you.

You will find fisherman are very tight lipped about their tricks. It is a fantastic tool to find where the temp breaks and bring in fish. Here is an example. The first is done with a WASSP system then with the TZT2.TempBreak.JPG

Back