Fusion-Link UD750 Connection Drops on Wifi Activation

A

Anonymous

I've discovered that the Fusion-Link connection to my new Fusion UD750 Stereo immediately stops working whenever TZTouch2 wireless is activated & connected to a WiFi network (i.e. iPhone hot spot for internet connectivity).

It looks like the Fusion-Link software is redirecting the connection away from the Ethernet wire hub switch and re-routing through the wireless network when activated, causing the connection to drop.

I don't think the software should be doing this. Radar dome is linked via the same Ethernet hub switch and that linkage is NOT affected by wireless network activation.
This makes me think this is a Furuno Fusion-Link software issue. Tried matching up IP addresses on the same subnet but that didn’t help.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

They have one connected at the Miami show with fusion 750. I will ask them to test and see if they can duplicate.

They couldn't duplicate your reported issue but they did say that Fusion stopped by the booth and updated the firmware in the unit. You might contact Fusion and see if they have a new version that you can put into your 750.

Thanks for checking.
I did some more testing and found that I the Fusion-Link works with wireless activated provided I boot with it already activated or with it off and then activate it. But if I turn it off - the connect definitely drops. Turning it back on does not restore the connection and requires a reboot. I'm wondering what scenarios were tested at the show.

For the software on my unit - Check for updates returns this message:
THIS SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE: TZT2 VERSION 2.0.0
(RTMTEST)

I contacted Fusion and they pointed me to Furuno software for a fix.
It's not a big deal at this point, just thought it might be an easy software fix to segregate the wireless from the Fusion-Link connection since it is hard wired.

The TZT2 needs to be updated by micro SD card from the back of the unit because it includes an upgrade of the OS. Current software for the TZT2 is 2.05. You will find info about the update under FURUNO NEWS on this forum.

I've installed the latest software and Version 2.0.5 now displays at startup, but I was surprised that when I re-ran the "Check for Updates" option (post update) it still returned the same message:
THIS SOFTWARE IS UP TO DATE: TZT2 VERSION 2.0.0
(RTMTEST)
Was expecting it to show 2.0.5

For the Fusion-Link issue, it doesn't look like the software update helped - wired connection is still negatively affected by changes to wireless connection actions. At this point it is not a big deal, just need to be cognizant of it and hopefully the issue will be resolved within a future update.

The full software version of your unit is show under MENU - SETTINGS - INSTALL SETUP - SENSOR LIST button.

We haven't had any other reports of Wifi causing issues with Fusion. If you have the newest firmware from Fusion, and the problem continues; you might send the units in for evaluation. The next TZT2 software is planned very soon, so you might give that a shot first.

Back