Cannot get DFF1 to Connect to TZT14

aquabelle

Furuno Super Fan
I am not having any success in getting my DFF1 to be ‘seen’ by a new-to-me TZT14.

The DFF1 was previously connected to a NN3D MFD12 where it worked perfectly. I believe it has the latest available software loaded (because when I tried to use the DFF1 NN3D software updater tool, the DFF1 does not appear….which Johnny E told me in an earlier post indicated the software didn’t need updating). The dip switches are correctly set (Down, Up, Up, Down) and the LED is doing its slow-blink All Good thing. So nothing wrong at the DFF1 end it seems.

I am connecting this DFF1 directly to the TZT14, using the TZT’s ethernet ports (and yes, I’ve tried different ports; and I have tried changing ethernet cables….no change)…so no Hub or Switch or ethernet cable involved.

I connect the DFF1 to the TZT’s internal hub and power up the DFF1 (slow blink) before powering up the TZT. But no Sounder screen comes up on TZT’s Menu and when I go Menu/Initial SetUp/Sensor List, only the TZT itself appears, with an IP Address of 172.31.252.1. Then when I go Menu/Initial SetUp/Update Network Equipment, that function won’t launch. (I do have an N2K Heading sensor connected.)

So then I go into the ServiceMan menu, where not surprisingly the Sounder tab is blank. Trying LANtest, I see:

Wireless LAN: 192.168.123.10
LAN 1-3: 172.31.253.1-3
I try to ‘ping’ but get red “NG” (no good?) codes against all network ports. When I go deeper to the “Entry Wired ClassC IP Address” window, I see:

IP Range: 192.168.253.1~254
Gateway: ditto
DNS1: ditto
DNS2: 172.31.253.1 (note: different to the IP address shown in the Sensor List against the TZT, where it is 172.31.252.1…but changing to match does nothing).

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Are the DIPs on the board (S2) all pushed back away from the RJ45 connector? (Not talking about the mode switches you mentioned)

I would suggest trying a direct cross over network cable from a PC to the DFF1. Power on the DFF1 and "ping" the unit with a PC. The DFF1 should be on address 172.31.92.1. Do you get a reply when using a PC?

Johnny: found the x4 additional dip switches half way back from the ethernet port. All are pushed back away from the port.

No luck ping'ing 172.31.92.1...got nothing back. Using ipconfig, all I could see were devices beginning 192.168.1.x . Note the mode switches were Down, Up, Up, Down when I was doing this.

(Note also: even when connected to my NN3D MFD12, the mode switches were in this position (and the DFF1 worked fine), not in the per-the-manual All Up/Off positions. In fact if I set the mode switches to all OFF (per the manual for NN3D), the DFF1 does not power up/led does not light). I hooked the DFF1 back up to my MFD12 to confirm it was working fine...it was. Tried again hooking it up directly to my TZT14 (which is stand-alone, not in a mixed network with the NN3D) and it doesn't get recognized.

Next steps?

Thanks

It doesn't make sense that it will work with the NN3D and not answer a simple Ping from a computer. I would recommend sending this into the service center to be checked out. There is no doubt it needs a software upgrade but it should answer a PING regardless of the version.

Back