DRS4W and Iphone Connection

mikejanes

Hi all,

I have installed the DRS4W; On my ipad, it has been smooth sailing.

However, whenever I join the radar's wifi network on my iphone 6, everything starts to fall apart. Both the iPad and the iPhone get errors that they have lost connection to the radar. If my iPhone is connected to the radar wifi network(without even having the app open), both iPad and iPhone keep disconnecting in the app. If iPhone wifi is turned off, the iPad works perfect and has no error messages. If I disconnect my iPad and just connect with my iPhone, it's still error messages. So seems to be the iPhone. Any reason this could be? The iPhone 6 software is up to date. Kind of a drag to not be able to use it on both. Unless I'm an idiot and it's only meant to work on one device at a time. Thanks!

The radar is limited to two device being connected at once. I you have devices connecting to that connect in the background it could cause you problems if two devices are already connected. The other thought is when the dome is mounted if someone turns the dome upside down or on it's side without the shipping bolts installed, it is know for the wifi antenna connection to get pulled off. If the antenna is not connected the signal can be weak if it works at all. Weak signal could cause issues especially when two wifi devices are trying to connect. I would also recommend updating the OS on the devices if they are not up to date.

Hi, I have the same problem with one or two connections (Ipads or Iphone). The ios of ipad 3 works better than ipad 2 that gets the 0002 error mor frecuently.. I have ran a selftest and on the results Antenna Status says that is Ok but on WLAN Power there is no data "--" . Do you think that I need to check the antenna anyway? Best,

Ensure there are not other wifi devices that might have already taken one or both of the available connections. Sometimes mom and the kids have had connections in the past and if their phone sees the wifi they might auto connect (even when the app isn't running on the device). If two devices are already connected; the third or forth will get an error because the radar is fully occupied. If you suspect the connection is due to weak signal; yes I recommend checking that the wifi antenna is connected to the board in the scanner.

Thank you Johnny. I only have two connections so that I am sure is not the problem. Is it normal that on WLAN POWER there is no data?. I will climb the mast and check the antenna in a few days and get back to you with the news.

The WLAN status is the important one (Should read OK). WLAN power will always be dashed out unless it is in factory, connected to some other equipment.

Beware some of the older Apple IOS firmware would not let you connect to a wifi source unless it had good internet connection. Other versions will ask you but if you say no, it won't work either. You must allow connection despite the radar which will never offer connection to the internet.

Back