Fishhunter drive up and working

@FishTech I know you have been involved on several of these boats. Can you comment on above. While obviously not going to get anyplace until the gateway is configured, shouldn't he still see the settings on an updated pilot?

Sorry for the delay.
This is a typo. It should read "Note: [FishHunterDrive] is not shown UNLESS [Boat Type] is set to [Outboard] or [EVCS-Outboard]."
Those are the only modes that allow the FishHunter Drive option to be shown.
@FishTech I know you have been involved on several of these boats. Can you comment on above. While obviously not going to get anyplace until the gateway is configured, shouldn't he still see the settings on an updated pilot?
You do not even need the gateway attached to see the option to turn on FishHunter Drive. You only need to proper software versions installed. However, it will produce errors the instant you turn the feature on.
Additionally, do you need one gateway per engine or is it one gateway for both engines in a dual engine setup?
A single "Suzuki 4 Tank Gateway" will support multiple engines.

Ok, so I have a whole new setup. 2022 triple suzuki 350s. Tzt19s nav pilot updated etc. I have 3 smg4s. I was told there is NO gateway anymore. The new smg4s act as the gateway. I can see that my port smg4 screen is the only screen using the nmea2000 connection on the back. I am getting this error screen when I try to use one of the fishhunterdrive functions. Any ideas???20230615_193758.jpg

While I have heard that SUZUKI has some newer SMGs that have a built in gateway, if you don't have one; a properly gateway is needed to bridge the SUZUKI network to NMEA 2000 and provide the needed interfacing. It seems your boat doesn't have a gateway based on your comments.

Well I finally was able to get confirmation from furuno and suzuki. Apparently, no matter what SMG4 gauges you have or set up you have a 4 bank Gateway is required. So,.installing a gateway and having it programmed will allow fishhunterdrive to work. The bad news is that you will lose fuel data ok the SMG4 gauges after everything is programed. The fuel trip burn and all of that data will not work any longer om the gauges. This is a pretty big deal. Most of the time at least for me, that is the only thing I follow. The tank Guage is will still work but is not precise. Trip data and fuel burn is exact. So losing those functions is a pretty big deal. I was told if I switch my gauges over to the C10 gauges than there would be no loss of data or if I had a SMD screen installed there would be no loss of data. So the big problem is the SMG4 gauges. This is just information I received and am passing along because It took me a while to finally get this all figured out and I'm sure more people will have this problem as new installs are happening. Message me for any details.

Hi all, just a quick run down of my setup. I have TZT3 16”, navpilot300, SCX20 and a 2021 plated Suzuki DF350A with the L00 BCM and the SMG4 gauge.
I had received the updates from Furuno dealer and update the software through autopilot.
I have added to the setup the Suzuki gateway 96L12, a Suzuki multi gauge adapter cable. The adapter cable allows the gateway into the system whilst still having the functionality of the SMG4 gauge. No need to buy a separate Suzuki mfd which is what I was told I need from the Suzuki dealership.
With the old L00 BCM there was an error code. I brought the new L02 BCM and had the Suzuki dealer reprogrammed the system and now the fishhunter drive is working.
As mentioned above the SMG4 needs the primary mode switched off to allow the gateway to function correctly.
The point lock function is currently locked out in my system as it requires RRU to working. When ever the fantom rudder is selected in the setting manual the point lock function will be locked out. I will be including the AR4502 telestick very shortly.
Did you have any issues installing the RRU on your DF350? I assume you have a tournament series steering cylinder. Seastar is telling me that the smart stick will not fit on this setup.

If the Suzuki steering system is used they provide the needed feedback without need to install an OB RRU. The video we shot was on such a boat. No RRU was needed for point lock due to them providing rudder information. Without RRU most Fish Hunter features work with fantum feedback just not point lock.

Hi all, just a quick run down of my setup. I have TZT3 16”, navpilot300, SCX20 and a 2021 plated Suzuki DF350A with the L00 BCM and the SMG4 gauge.
I had received the updates from Furuno dealer and update the software through autopilot.
I have added to the setup the Suzuki gateway 96L12, a Suzuki multi gauge adapter cable. The adapter cable allows the gateway into the system whilst still having the functionality of the SMG4 gauge. No need to buy a separate Suzuki mfd which is what I was told I need from the Suzuki dealership.
With the old L00 BCM there was an error code. I brought the new L02 BCM and had the Suzuki dealer reprogrammed the system and now the fishhunter drive is working.
As mentioned above the SMG4 needs the primary mode switched off to allow the gateway to function correctly.
The point lock function is currently locked out in my system as it requires RRU to working. When ever the fantom rudder is selected in the setting manual the point lock function will be locked out. I will be including the AR4502 telestick very shortly.
How many motors do you have?
Do you still have the fuel burn and fuel trip gallons working on the smg4?

If the Suzuki steering system is used they provide the needed feedback without need to install an OB RRU. The video we shot was on such a boat. No RRU was needed for point lock due to them providing rudder information. Without RRU most Fish Hunter features work with fantum feedback just not point lock.
I will not have the Suzuki steering system. Honestly I'm not sure what you're even referring to, unless you mean the new 2023s with the rack and pinion steering. Mine are 2023, but not that version.

Did you have any issues installing the RRU on your DF350? I assume you have a tournament series steering cylinder. Seastar is telling me that the smart stick will not fit on this setup.
Hey mate, no sorry I have got around to into a RRU as yet. You’re on the money it is a tournament series. I was where at it won’t work.
I do have an install sheet which shows how to adjust the RRU end sensors

Hey mate, no sorry I have got around to into a RRU as yet. You’re on the money it is a tournament series. I was where at it won’t work.
Do you mind sharing some pictures and/or the install sheet? I don't have the motors hung yet but I'd like to see how you set this thing up.

What is the range of speeds you can choose from for Speed Control? I see a reference suggesting it can handle “slow trolling speeds” to over 60mph. I’m not so interested in the upper limit but rather how slow it can be set and how slow the boat should actually be expected to go with say a 10-15 mph wind and moderate current?

Reaching back out, my motors are being hung as we speak. Any luck getting the RRU fit up properly to those tournament series cylinders?

Back