Fishhunter drive up and working

We are exploring options to work around this exact situation. Gateway setup is required, otherwise your SMG4s will do nothing but alarm about the mode setting OR they will show no data at all.
Good to hear that work is being done on this. I personally don't really use the SMG4's (they are hidden under the console) and use my Garmin 1223xsv to show engine data .. So as long as the gateway will provide engine data to the Garmin i don't really have a problem with that until a solution is possible. Buying a SMD is not an option ;-)

What about the software updates for the NAVPILOT 300 processor and FAP display to operate it?

I thought they needed a new software update v1.11 and v1.10 respectively.

What about the software updates for the NAVPILOT 300 processor and FAP display to operate it?

I thought they needed a new software update v1.11 and v1.10 respectively.
You download it(look at page under for firmware and instructions), put it in two USBs and add thesoftwa. Then you put the the USBs one at a time in the processor unit.

Yes, the pilot must have the newest software which requires a software kit from the dealer due to the required warning labels that should be placed on the boat. If you purchase a new pilot that has the labels in the box, then it also has already been updated to the newest software. Those with older software wishing to get the Suzuki features will need to purchase a software update kit from the Furuno dealer for the pilot. That process is pretty easy. The correct engines, BCM, and having the proper gateway are the biggest hoops that one must ensure.

Is there any detail on how to install the gateway? I have two SMG4s and a 36667-96L11 y adapter but the document calls for a 36667-96L40. Not sure if that is my problem but I can’t figure out how to set this up. Any help is appreciated.

Can you explain how the gateway gets installed? I have 2 smg4 gauges with a y splitter 36667-96L11. I am not sure how to install gateway and still have both gauges function at the same time?

Have you seen this setup video?
FishHunter Video
Yes, but it only lists the part needed not how to install it. The part, which I have, does not have any details on installation either. It lists 36667-96L40 but I have 36667-96L11 but I can’t see a difference. What I am missing is a third plug for the second SMG4

This document covers the gateway installation:

If you have two SMG4s, you should already have one splitter in the system. They only offer single splitters or "Y-Cables". You just daisy-chain them for each additional connection needed. I cannot SEE a difference in those part numbers you provided either BUT these documents were compiled buy using everything Suzuki provided us during development. If it isn't listed, then we have to assume it will not work properly.

HI Johnny, I having have trouble updating the Gesture controller, this is the error which comes up1682315947362.png
do you know where i could find another software update file to compare what I have, the one I have it doesn't recognized the 'bleuppg' file

It is important the update file is fully unzipped. The PC doesn't seem to be finding the needed file. Before running the software you must also already have a good bluetooth connection from the PC to the Gesture controller. If you continue to have issues, please send it into our service center and we will do a courtesy update for you and send it back.

Yes, the pilot must have the newest software which requires a software kit from the dealer due to the required warning labels that should be placed on the boat. If you purchase a new pilot that has the labels in the box, then it also has already been updated to the newest software. Those with older software wishing to get the Suzuki features will need to purchase a software update kit from the Furuno dealer for the pilot. That process is pretty easy. The correct engines, BCM, and having the proper gateway are the biggest hoops that one must ensure.
So my local Suzuki dealer said they contacted their tech rep and they said FishHunter Drive is not available yet on the Suzuki side. This sounds strange to me as people have said it works. Can you confirm it does work if you have the items in the config document attached? So far I have added the gateway to the SMG4, checked BCM version is correct (001), upgraded the NAV300 successfully with the upgrade kit, have 2022 AP motors, have PGN700 and GP330B configured and working. I believe the RRU in the guide is not needed with this setup.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you watch the video (above)? Where it is working on the SeaLion? You confirmed the part number of the gateway and other items shown in the video? You are correct you do not need an RRU for the normal setup. The setup in the video had no RRU installed as it used the built in Suzuki information. What device did you use to configure the gateway?

Yes, I watched the video and agree it should be working.

My dealer didn't have a suzuki MFD to configure the gateway, so I am guessing i need to buy a $2,000 MFD now to get this working?

Also, once you update the software on the NAVPILOT 300 does the Point Lock and other features automatically show up on the menu or does the gateway need to be configured for that to show up?

Questions about the SUZUKI gateway product should be directed towards SUZUKI. We have shared what we have managed to learn on boats in the documents we have posted to add what clarity we can. Our hope would be that the SUZUKI dealer would be able to setup the device for you with a PC and dealer software but we don't know that for a fact. If you have the newest software you should be able to turn on FishHunter in the menu and see the selections but actual use but the SUZUKI gateway would need to be configured to your engines to expect anything to work.

According to the documentation for the NP300, the FishHunterDrive On/Off is not shown when boat-type is set to Outboard or EVCS-Outboard/ Does this mean it is automatically on?

How/Where in the menu do I turn it on?

1684937467044.png

Yes, I saw that. I also see the note below that says it is not shown as an option to turn on/off if the previous Boat Type setting is set to Outboard. Is that not what that means?

I am fairly technical so if I am having trouble understanding the setup instructions others will as well.

Last edited:
Back