FCV 295 Paired with Airmar SS175 H-W

Gunnin,
You are correct the SS175HW is not in the FCV-295 transducer list. It uses an "A" Tap setting.
If you set the frequency for 200Khz I would set the Band Width control at 40Khz. This will allow you to slew the frequency down to 183Khz. Note that the FCV-295 is blocked out from working between 171-183Khz. If you want to try a lower frequency I would program it for 155Khz with the Band Width of 40Khz. This will allow to slew the frequency between 139 to 171Khz.

Snips

Thanks Snips.

Today I re terminated serges transducer cables followed by a water test, its now all good, fixed all screen clutter gone at trolling speed. after 2 yrs its now marking fish at trolling speed in deep water for the 1st time. picture me patting myself on the back.

new issue which seems to be intermittent.

The two FI-70 displays are not displaying lat/long.

its seems like the canbus network has dropped out, the two FI-70 displays are powered up but not showing lat/long from the 330 gps on roof which is selected as the source. the TZT is showing lat long from its internal GPS but we cant get lat long from the GP-330B on roof. also FCV295 isn't displaying "speed"as it used to. it gets that from nmea0183 N2K converter.
when we selected the TZT to be the gps source it didn't share lat long with other devices on network.

All devices on the canbus network are connected to a FI5002 junction box. there isn't any backbone cabling so both terminating resistors are on. I checked for power at JB supply terminals, 12v all good. I checked power on red black at the plugs of each device at JB all good 12V, each Blue White pair at JB has 3V.

devices connected to FI5002 JB are
PG-700
GP-330B
FI-70
IF-NMEA2K2
NAVpilot-700
FI-700

all above devices are listed on the SENSOR list at "INSTANCE 0" does that mean there not talking?

There are also 3 devices networked by ethernet which appear to be communicating;
TZTL15F (me)
DRS4D-NXT
FA-50

sergios TZT2.jpg
After I pushed the reset button all the Canbus devices disappeared.

Any advice appreciated Serge is at wits end.

Edit; DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST IM GOING TO REPEAT THIS ISSUE IN THE COMMUNICATIONS BOARD.

regards
Mark

I saw that you managed to solve your problem 2 years later, you could tell us how, because mine happens the same thing that happened in yours, I even performed the same procedure to lower the transducer

Back