fantum feedback

Alex

hi , i have 711-c auto pilot and since it is fantum feedback, it does not need rudder ref. But the thing is I greatly miss a rudder angle indicator on the dash. spoke with seastar about there 'smart stick' but they did not recommend it for me . how can I have rudder angle indicator up front ?

The NAVpilot 711C using fantum feedback will not provide a rudder angle indication as you mentioned. We do offer a linear outboard rudder reference unit, part number FAPAR4502 that would work. Also, there are rudder angle indicator kits available aftermarket that would work as well.

The RRU will provide rudder angle to the NAVpilot 711C processor and then output to the NMEA2000 bus using the rudder angle PGN (once turned on in NAVpilot settings). The TZTs would then receive the rudder angle from NMEA2000.

hi , i have 711-c auto pilot and since it is fantum feedback, it does not need rudder ref. But the thing is I greatly miss a rudder angle indicator on the dash. spoke with seastar about there 'smart stick' but they did not recommend it for me . how can I have rudder angle indicator up front ?
Hi Alex, you write, "I greatly miss a rudder angle indicator on the dash." Can you unpack this for me? Do you have a RRU? Did you take one off? How come you asked Seastar about the FAPAR4502 "Smart stick" magnetic slider and they said they wouldn't recommend it, do you not have outboard motors? If you have inboards, or something similar, what about a FAP-6112 rotary RRU which also interfaces easily with the NP-711c. With an RRU wired up, you still can operate in FF, however now the pilot processor would able output the PGN for Rudder Angle.

- Maggy

Hi Alex, you write, "I greatly miss a rudder angle indicator on the dash." Can you unpack this for me? Do you have a RRU? Did you take one off? How come you asked Seastar about the FAPAR4502 "Smart stick" magnetic slider and they said they wouldn't recommend it, do you not have outboard motors? If you have inboards, or something similar, what about a FAP-6112 rotary RRU which also interfaces easily with the NP-711c. With an RRU wired up, you still can operate in FF, however now the pilot processor would able output the PGN for Rudder Angle.

- Maggy
hi maggy, seastar tech sup said the smart stick would'nt send to my pilot . yes I have outboards, fitted with 5375-3 cyl. I would like to send engine angle info to my tzt's mfds. I think the fapar4502 should be able to do that , but will it fit nicely on my cylinders? and will sent data be compatible with my electronic or will I have to install separate guage on dash ?
regards

The RRU will provide rudder angle to the NAVpilot 711C processor and then output to the NMEA2000 bus using the rudder angle PGN (once turned on in NAVpilot settings). The TZTs would then receive the rudder angle from NMEA2000.
great !! looking for confirmation that this device will fit on my 5375-3 cylinder fitted on suzuki 250hp. I've read that some binding could occure

great !! looking for confirmation that this device will fit on my 5375-3 cylinder fitted on suzuki 250hp. I've read that some binding could occure
That's really outside the scope of our support here. Any marine dealer/installer that installs these products should be able to tell you if it's possible or what they would need to do to make it work. We can say that SeaStar specifies that this product fits the HC5345 and HC5358 cylinders. Other users have done custom installs with success.

Back