DFF-3D Minimum Depth

sydneyrose

Good Day,

I am in the process of upgrading my electronics and was wondering what the minimum depth that the B54 transducer for the DFF-3D is capable of reading? I noted that the minimum depth was listed as 3 meters, but was not sure if this is the minimum for the 3D system to work or the minimum that the transducer could read (depth data feed to TZT2).

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sydneyrose,

The minimum depth range scale on the screen is 3 meters. So, 0-3 meters on range scale of the display would be the lowest range you can zoom in.

Thank you very much for the insight.

I have a few shallow areas I transit and want to make sure I won’t loose reading at 1 meter or so.

The DFF3D is a deepwater widebeam sonar not really designed for monitoring depth in extreme shallows like 3 ft. At the lower freq this unit works at, it is doubtful you will pickup at 3 ft beneath the boat. Maybe some of the other DFF3D owners can tell you the lowest they typically can pick up. I have never tried it that shallow.

Thank you for the input. It sounds like my best option would be the combo B54/SS260 transducer.

Thanks again for the assistance. I was going to stick with traditional 50/200 but this unit caught my attention for finding deeper structure.

I'm always able to read the bottom and structure with the DFF3D from the dock all the way out of the marina. Depths range from 8 feet to 20 feet typically in the shallowest areas. My guess is that it would read a bit less if it were shallower, maybe even 4-6 feet. If I think about it next time out I'll take a scree shot when I'm tied up at the dock.

Back