Connecting 2 Ethernet cables?

25Cintender

Hello I know my system is a older Navnet 3d but I have a question. I am adding a MFD8 to my upper station and the network cable that came with my mfd 8 is to short to reach my network hub. I have a extra Furuno network cable that would make it long enough. Is there a connector I can use to connect the two male ends? Can I use a standard double female cable connector to connect the two cables? Or can you buy just the waterproof end that connects to the cable to the MFD8 I have have the tools to add RJ45 connectors and a long enough network cable. I need that waterproof connection to the back of the MFD8 since it will be weather exposed. Thank you.

Thank you. I will see if I can find one. The one you mentioned is a straight rj45 connector. Are the cable wires straight or crossover?

You can buy the cable that has the waterproof ends the match the MFD (part number listed under accessories or the packing list under the product page of the website) or you can consider shielded couplers either straight or cross won't matter because NN3D has auto sensing ports that work either way. We also have a water proof coupler RJ4-5WP-CPL.

Back