Hi

I need to connect a Furuno RDP139 with a northstar gps124

The gps has

Red

Yellow

Green

White

Brown

And a unprotected wire, im assuming that the red and unprotected are + and- connectors which leaves 4 wires to connect to the RDP.

The rdp has

TD1-A

TD1-B

RD1-A

RD1-B

My research has lead me to belive that they should be connected in teh following order

TDa=white

TDb=brown

RDa=yellow

RDb=green

Is yhis correct or is there any knowledge how this should be connected

I can't speak for the north star GPS. I tried to find info about it online and it only pulled up info about JRC and others. I recommend you contact northstar to find the correct wires for the NMEA 0183 output.

The Furuno will receive the NMEA 0183 GPS on the YELLOW (+) and GREEN (-) wires of data 1, 2, or 4 of your RDP139. Yellow is RD-A (receive data +) and Green is RD-B (receive data -)

Thanks for the information, any idea of what setup should be on the rdp unit? There's many options when choosing gps input and such. And does the gps have to be powered by the rdp or can it be powered by any source? When powered by external source the gps gives out about +3,5volts and another cable is pulsing between. 0 and -3,5volts

The RDP139 wouldn't power your 3.5V gps. You will need to power it and then connect the NMEA 0183 data into the Yellow and Green wires of the Furuno data cable.

Back