Can't download weather

madmike

I have not yet updated my TZT9F to the Version 3 software.

Following the manual's instructions, I'm trying to download some weather data. Settings-->Weahter-->Load Weather Data shows "No Item Found."

Tapping on the screen gets the pop-up menu of "Wx Data", grayed-out "Get latest Wx", and "New Point." Selecting Wx Data gives a "No Item Found."

What am I missing?

Assuming you are properly connected to the WiFi, make sure that your WiFi connection is set to "As needed" NOT "always connected"

gtstang, you are correct: changing wifi to "As needed" fixed my weather problem. I thought the "On Startup" option meant the wifi would be always connected, but I guess that was wrong.

just curious, why doesn't the "always" setting work? Is it a glitch?
I will make sure to use the "as needed" setting also

I honestly don't even know why these other options exist. Maybe some test options to make sure that you can ping the outside world would be more useful. I ran into this issue early on with my units and figured out what the proper setting should be. It has worked ever since, so I have left it alone.

Weather never worked for me either until I read this post. Works now, so thank you!!

I thought maybe it would show cloud cover, rain clouds on the weather page?

What seems to work best for me is to just consistently use the same mobile device, or wifi network source, to connect and DL weather each time.

- Maggy

What seems to work best for me is to just consistently use the same mobile device, or wifi network source, to connect and DL weather each time.

- Maggy
I have a T-Mobile home internet modem that lives on my boat. $30/month and I have service just about everywhere I go on the Chesapeake Bay.

Back