Not reaching weather server

Dont' Blink

Recently had installed 4 TZ3 16" screens (2 in pilot house and 2 flybridge) and trying to get weather data. Interestingly all four are connected to my T-Mobile internet trash can onboard and the two in pilot house will not even allow the button "Get latest Wx" to light up and when I try it on the flybridge units it acts as if it is starting to download data then I get ""Donwload Failed: Server Unreachable". Tried on two different days assuming there might have been some updates going on. Did download version 3.5 software across same internet access and no problems.

Any ideas why it won't download or why two of four units won't even give me the option?

should note I saw thread on setting internet to "when necessary" as opposed to "on start up" and this did solve why two of four screens would not even try to access but all four still give the "server unreachable" error

Each machine has its own wifi, so if you are attempting to download and talk to the server at each machine; you will also have to connect each machine up to the wifi connection first.

Thanks for the input. Each machine has been linked to Wifi and when I set wifi to "when necessary" each one does the same thing, starts to download then says can't connect to server. Seems to be something systematic or something I am doing wrong on each unit same way

Are you able to sign into the TZT timezero for cloud syncing (to make sure that you are actually getting to the internet)? I use the same T-Mobile home internet on my boat as well and know that it is not blocking access to the weather server. Did you do the "recommended" master reset after the 3.5 upgrade? Wondering if there is something that needs to be reset to get it back talking on the interwebs.

Back