Updating Software on Full Network including TZT9 & 14 MFDs

pinkeerach

Context: I'm new to Furuno tech and marine networks/systems, and have been pouring over all the documentation for the electronics installed on our boat. We bought our sailboat in Dec 2022. It came with TZTouch 9 & 14 MFDs along with HUB101, DFF1, radar, 2 IF-NMEA2K2s, and a host of other Furuno FI-50 instruments. Everything seems to be working with the exception of the RD-33 (hoping for loose connection!). The previous owner wasn't very attentive to the boat, and I have no idea when the devices were last updated. Most things on the boat haven't been touched in 8-10years.

My question: I'm going through everything and updating the software, and I cannot figure out how to determine what version of OS is currently installed on the TZT9 & 14 devices. Is that indicated on the bootloader screen? This is the number that shows on boot for the TZT9: 1950123-05.01

I've got SD cards and have found the instructions to create bootable SD cards. I'm comfortable with all that (I'm a recovering software engineer). What I'm not clear on is how to get these updated properly since some updates require a specific path. Can I download the full OS (found that download) and install it over top of what's existing? Since we're starting from scratch in our journey, I have no problem wiping these devices clean.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, the software of the MFD is indicated at bootup and also on the Sensor list screen and self test screen. You have v5.01 software which is quite old. 6.03 is the current software version for TZT series one. You would create the program card by formatting it inside the MFD as described in the instructions. (Which makes the card NTFS bootable) The software is downloaded and placed on the freshly formatted SD card to make your program chip. The software will overwrite/update the TZT software when the instructions are followed and it will be v6.03.

Back