Sirius weather displays yesterday data

Status
Not open for further replies.

backman

Furuno Fan
I saw this on a thread I can’t find but…

The Sirius weather screen shows data from “yesterday” when you bring up the page. When I move the slider to today I don’t see any wind barb changed, sometimes I see fronts changing but the wind map doesn’t advance.

Many questions starting with the first one - who wrote that software page - Sirius or Furuno, ie who do I ask the hard questions of.

Second - at the times on the slider UTC or my local time zone, ie is today at 0600 GMT or EST?
Third - screen comes up, slider bar says yesterday - if I put my finger on a spot - what time is the pop up with wind, waves and SST referring to - “yesterday” or is that current data?

Finally - a TZT question - is there really no way to get zone forecasts, current wind or o relays on the “normal” TZT chart plotter page as used to be the case with NN3?

Not an official furuno employee here, just a tzt3 early adopter, but i'm also not sponsored so I can say whatever I want...

Yes, the current BBWX4 and Sirius XM weather implementation is pretty bad. The time is wrong, the animation loop is very glitchy and buggy, and yes, they know how bad it is.

From everyone I've spoken to, it will be addressed at an update, hopefully sooner than later...

It’s f-I g dangerous as it is right now. Anyone from Furuno want to help me?

100miles out in the North Atlantic is not the place for buggy weather…

Played with it a bit yesterday after talking to support.

I agree with you, it’s so buggy it’s efretcively useless.

Sirius weather is good for live data but the long term forecasting isn't the best. Operationally, it is a simple touch of the clock at the bottom of the timeline to set the weather to where current time/date is. If that date is off then someone hasn't setup the machine with the correct time offset or rollover. NavCenter weather makes really good free weather forecasting for up to 16 days but Sirius offers live notices and live transmissions. Each his their advantage. A little time setting things up and learning operations goes a long way. Out in the water it is always good to have an understanding because it might be there is no one reachable to ask and knowing your electronics is helpful. I had to laugh at not being able to Navigate over Sirus weather. There is much in this thread that is misinformed and exaggerated. If you find the time offset is setup correctly with good GPS and hitting the clock icon doesn't show correct time and date, please let support know. WWW.FurunoUSA.com - Support - Ask a Question. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back