Sirius weather timeline “resolution”

backman

Furuno Fan
So yes, Johnny - calling support helped. I’d didn’t even get halfway through my description of the problem - that pressing the little clock symbol to supposedly get to current time and data was off by 24 hours leaving me with indeterminate data.

He had me change my correctly setup -4 time zone offset to zero and voila - the little clock took me to “now” and the wind barbs matched “now”. So I have a solution to the user issue I raised “ if I’m 100 miles offshore and weather changes - can I trust the 50K worth of Furuno electronics I just put in to give me accurate info?”

And yes, I got the same answer someone else posted, known bug - will be fixed by the next update due out real soon now.

BTW - not real pleased you shut down a valid question about a known bug. Y blowing me off as misconfigured - I’m. 25 year Furuno over anything else customer and it’s that type of being blown off that would make me a Garmin user next time around.

We focus on questions and solutions not axe grinding . Moderators volunteer time to assist to help along with users helping each other. There recently have been a series of diffrent treads that come off as attacks on the products before real attempt to resolve has been given. We appreciate everyone here. We want the tone to be positive. If one must be negative please open an official case direct with support to address concerns. This is ultimately a company moderated forum for which has been working well since 2011 while others like Raymarine is closing thiers down. Please understand this is not a open boater's forum but company moderated which is focused on question and answers. While not everyone is happy with all the answers, you normally get good ones here. Thanks for buying Furuno product.

Back