225T-TM904 availability

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
Hello

I am wondering if we have any new updates regarding the availability of the 225T-TM904?

If it's not coming out for a long time I am considering ordering the 225T-SS904, and making a custom bracket to mount it off of the transom.

Add the 225T-PR904 to the availability question also. I have a lot of friends with bay-built boats up here that have long keels that are interested as well.

Alright, thank you!

I ordered the SS904, and will be making a custom bracket for it to mount it on the transom.

:D

Did you make the bracket for this? Wondering how it turned out. I would like to run a pair of transom mount ducers on each side of a World Cat.

Be careful using any thru or in-hull transducer as a transom mount. Most cases water will get into the top of the transducer where the cable goes into the threaded tubing. That area is not designed to be submersible so as water wicks into the transducer it corrodes the internal parts and has been known to push elements out the bottom of the housing as it swells. Airmar and Gemeco have had many experiences with customers doing that. I have seen many damaged Thru-hull transducers that have been used as a transom mount. I wouldn't advise it but I know some have used extra sealant and managed to have them work for "awhile". I guess it depends on how desperate you are and how much money you have to burn. If at all possible I would recommend waiting for transducer type designed for that type of installation.

Sounds like my idea won’t work than. Any idea if the transom mount will be available in a pair?

No plan for that. Off the transom it should reach out both sides just fine. The reason for pairs on thru-hull transducer is the center keel itself blocking one side if you can't go directly on the keel with a single. Pairs are for one off each side of the boat with fairing.

Plans are this quarter sometime. I think that is still looking good for sometime in the next two months. There will be an announcement to dealers and I will post an announcement here in the FURUNO NEWS topic area the same day so you can hit up your dealer.

No plan for that. Off the transom it should reach out both sides just fine. The reason for pairs on thru-hull transducer is the center keel itself blocking one side if you can't go directly on the keel with a single. Pairs are for one off each side of the boat with fairing.
Another reason for this is the case of transom mounted transducer on sterndrive boats. The sterndrive tends to block one side of the sidescan to some degree. The best solution in that case is 2 transom mounted transducers with a Y-cable than links the outboard elements of each transducer. Garmin supports this type of connection for their sidescan transducers.

At this time there is no plan to support for two transom mount versions, but I will pass the idea to product development.

Back