Upgrade to TZT3 and transducer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spmc718

Hi All,

Plan on upgrading my navigation system. Currently running a GP1971F paired with a B175HW along with an older NavNetVX2 10.4 and 7 inch dual screen connected to a P66.

Looking to scrap the older VX2 system and get a single TZT12F with the DRS4DNXT dome along with a transom mount side scan transducer (225T-TM904).

Ideally, would keep the 1971 connected to the B175HW, and was curious if it were possible to somehow pigtail that transducer to run on the new TZT12F so i could utilize both the transducers on the large screen. Otherwise, concerned about interference between the B175HW and new side scan transducer, is there any way to adjust the frequency range of the 175 to avoid this?

Lots of questions here and appreciate any help you could offer.

I don't think you should have too much concern about interference. The side-scan is shooting off to the sides and the CHIRP will be hitting the same 225 khz periodically but it shouldn't be much because it is downward looking. I think what little interference you get should be managed with the interference rejection setting on the TZT3. You won't be able to pigail a Y cable but the setup sounds pretty sweet.

Thanks Johnny, appreciate the reply.

Also curious if I go with 2 12 inch TZTouch2 with the latest software update will they be able to utilize the side scan technology or is that just liMited to the TZTouch 3?

That is limited to TZT3 internal sounders (except the TZT9F which has a different sounder). TZT2 can't connect a side-scan transducer other than the abilities offered by the DFF3D.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like I will stick with the original plan. Is a heading sensor required for the DRS4DNXT? I have a PG500 currently, but I’m sure I will need to upgrade that as well. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row here

While you don't need it for the radar to work or even for the target analyzer function; you would normally want heading for the ARPA and radar overlay that requires heading. If you have a good location on the PG500 you could wire the 0183 heading into a NMEA converter to NMEA 2000 (Like the Furuno IF-NMEA2k2) to bring the PG500 heading into the NMEA 2000 network which your TZT3 units are connected. For your needs it would work like a PG700 once adapted.

Some more follow up questions because the options have my head spinning…

Is it possible to run a TZTL15 with the DRS4DNXT? I like the idea of a bigger screen, at a more reasonable cost, can run the existing transom mount ducer to have a 50/200 sonar, paired up with the current GP1971F running the B175HW chirp.

Also plan on installing an EVO150 autopilot and connecting thru NMEA2000.

Anybody see any issues/problems here? Just want to make an informed decision and get it right the first time.

Yes, the TZTL15 works well with the DRS4DNXT.
Is there a reason to go with the EVO150 over the Navpilot 300?

As much as I would have loved to keep everything Furuno, I purchased the autopilot over the winter at an extremely discounted price, thinking that was going to be the sole upgrade to the boat this year. Foolish me 🥴

If you have it, might as well put it to use. It should work once interfaced. Your doing the right thing by asking questions and preparing for the upgrade.

on my 2nd tz3 screen and been waiting almost a year for a replacement B265 combo 3dff transducer. Furuno product not at top notch as expected.

on my 2nd tz3 screen and been waiting almost a year for a replacement B265 combo 3dff transducer. Furuno product not at top notch as expected.
I am not sure why you are trolling this forum. It would seem to me that you either have a bad dealer or are just in here trying to trash the brand. You have posted 2 comments and neither are helpful or relevant to the topic that you posted them under. Furuno USA is the only tech line that you get greeted by a live human, even if you have to wait on hold. You can even leave them a message and they will actually return your phone call.

We focus on Q and A and try not to get caught up with axe grinding or individual cases that need to be effectively worked with the dealer or direct with tech support/service. I think I am (recently) aware of your case and while it won't be discussed here, I agree you have the right to be upset. As you get things resolved, we hope to see you enjoying the forum. Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back