149 VX2 WITH C2000 HEADING SENSOR

jennyleigh

I have a new 149 VX2, I hooked it to a C2000 heading sensor that was already on the boat.
Although the heading sensor is properly mounted the heading displayed is 180 degrees off. (backwards).

When I turn the radar on it reverses the map and radar on the overlay by 180 degrees. ( What's in front of me is now behind me on the radar and map) Without the heading sensor connected the map and radar are correct but of course the overlay doesn't work with out the heading sensor.

Before I go any further troubleshooting I just want to know if the C2000 is compatible with the NavNet VX2 unit.

The cable in the boat is a blue network cable that goes between the 149 and the C2000, could that be causing the problem?

Thanks for all your support!

The blue cable is a network cable and not a NMEA cable. Because these are cross over network cables, you must be very careful and ohm them out to ensure you are using the correct wiring, but in theory you could re-purpose it for sending over heading data. The C2000 will work fine for heading of the RDP149 if wired correctly. You say the heading numbers are 180 out or is the radar image 180 out? If it is the numbers, the heading compass might not have the bow mark pointed correctly (mounting).

Jenny,

You wrote about using your C2000 with VX2 in a NMEA network over a year ago and I have a question about your result. I have an older C2000 heading sensor in The Janie C and am trying to get the data onto my NMEA 2000 network for my plotters use. How did you get the C2000 data into the network?

Thanks,

Brad aka Tak
brad.driggers@gmail.com

Back