Will NAvpilot 711c Controller work w/o termination

Moonzy1

Furuno Super Fan
I just mounted a 2nd 711C Control head in the tower. The termination resistor that came w the computer is in the other controller in the helm deck. I thought I would need another terminator but the controller w/o it seems to be working fine.

There are not daisy chained but individually connected to the Terminal blocks in the computer.

Am I missing something ? Does the 2nd controller not need a terminator?

You will need a terminator on both displays, if you have both of them wired separately into port A & B of TB8. It doesn't come with the terminator because common installation is to daisy chain the displays together and you would have the plug coming off of the first display. Here is the part number ( 001-081-140). It will do weird things in the future if you don't have the plug.

Ah ok so it may seem to work when at the dock but may do funny things later...ok that's what I was concerned about.

Furuno graciously is sending me a terminator for free.

Its kind of a bummer there isn't an additional controller kit that comes w the 2 ended cable. IT had to be purchased separately and its not a cheap cable. Also has the ends on so not easy to pull through a tower leg.

Are there field connectable terminators?

Thanks so much!

Thank Johnny
one more question

Could you cut one of these cables and splice them back together w butt connectors or a junction box?

Back