NavPilot 711C Software Upgrade

AvalonGB

I purchased the NavPilot 711C in early 2015 and installed the PG700 along with DRS4D radar and two TZT14 MFD's. I purchased the autopilot as I needed the PG700 anyway and intended to install the autopilot during the next season as I already had a functional autopilot. As usual things get busy and I never go to installing the NavPilot 711C until this spring. In addition this spring I purchased an additional control head for the lower helm station.

Got all installed last week but when powered up the system the control units were in demo mode. Called tech support and they informed me that software in the processor and control units needed to be updated. Followed the update instructions online and successfully updated the processor. However, when attempting to update the control units the software says Control Units 1-6 are missing.

How do I solve this issue.
Thanks,
Tim

It sounds like you might have forgotten your required bus termination. Ensure that the back of each display has either two cables connected (ie daisy chained to another unit) or a cable and a terminator. There should be no open bus. If you have an open connection or a dust cap on the back; then you have an open bus.

Thanks Johnny, sound like I do have a termination issue as I did not terminate the control units. I'll read up on how to accomplish and try again later today. Thanks you.

Back