NavPilot 711C with three control heads

capdave

Hi - I'm installing a 711C with three control heads. Two of them will connect directly to the FAP7002 processor, and the third one will daisy chain from one of the others, as described in the installation manual.

But where do I get the double ended cordset for the daisy chain?? The installation manual specifies BD-07AF-07AF-LR-100, but when I search for that it only shows up on eBay as used, or "new" old stock. Is there a new item number? Or is there a field termination that I can use with the BD-07AFFM-LR-150 cord supplied with the control head?

We're on a tight schedule, so a quick reply would be very helpful!! Thanks!!

If you have an urgent support question it is best to contact the official support lines at your local Furuno distributor. If you are a Furuno USA customer that would be 410-479-4420 or 360-834-9300 or via our website - Support - ask a question. This site is customer shelf help with Furuno staff volunteering time when available to moderate.

You will find available cables listed under available accessories of the product on our website. All control cables are double connector (one at each end) with exception to the one labeled "Pigtail". Pigtail is the term used for single ended cables.

Since you are running both control lines (control A and control B) from the processor you will need to move jumper J104 as described in the manual to across pins 3-4. Both buses must end in a terminator at the end of each bus.

Thanks - we found the cable from a 3rd party. Very poor documentation from Furuno on this cable. The other parts of the connection schematic including the jumper change were well enough documented.

Back