711C NMEA2000 question

bertrandhartman

Hi,

I currently have an autopilot setup with a single FAP7002 processor and 3x 711C control panels.

While reviewing our NMEA2000 network layout I noted that the manual states the three 711C control panels (which I understand have NMEA2000 interfaces) cannot be connected to the ship's main general NMEA2000 network (where all the other NMEA sensors live and which also connects to connector TB11 of the FAP7002), but need to be connected as a separate network to the TB8 connector (daisy-chained and with terminating resistor in the last unit).

Does anybody know if this is mandatory because they really are separate networks, or is the TB8 bus actually bridged to the TB11 bus internally in the FAP7002?

Having to run special cabling (in parallel to our existing N2K network) would be quite cumbersome in my case.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Bertrand

The control heads of the NavPilot 700 series are on it's own special control lines (control A and Control B). You can have up to three controls on each line. These are NOT NMEA 2000 and can NEVER be put directly on the NMEA 2000 bus. The Navpilot 300 control head is NMEA 2000 (Which doesn't work with 700 series) but the 700 series heads are not.

Many thanks for your feedback guys.This is the way I have setup things now, but I just wanted to double-check because we are trying to troubleshoot some annoying and persistent NMEA issues we have had for quite some time.

Kind regards,

Bertrand

Back