TZT3 16 WITH b275hw ISSUE

vega

Hello

My name is Alejandro I am from Spain and recently I installed a system with a furuno tzt3 16" with transducer airmar B275LHW. I have a problem running in low frequency, screen appear trying to find the bottom and jumping from depth scale some seconds, fianlly appear a red ribbons in the up part of screen.
I will send video with the issue and the configuration to see if anyone can help i check configuration but dont see anything strange

Greetings Alejandro, I am not able to see your video however you're more than welcome to PM me the video. To better help us, do you have some photos of the fish finder screen, photos of the transducer, and what depth you are in? Perhaps @Deep Blue will respond with his wisdom.

- Maggy

Thanks for your response Magnetron, can you check if you can see video now? i think now is published

The video is make in the habrour in 8.2 meters depth , but when i am in more depth happens the same...
I dont´have photo of transducer but i can show you the photo of the hole in wich is installed, the shipyard makes a special mold on the hull to fit it

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-21 at 2.55.24 PM.jpeg

High frequency looks nice. When you switched to low frequency it started searching. The search pattern displayed is usually seen when it cannot see the transducer element or one is not connected.
  1. There are two reset options at the bottom of the fish finder menu. Perform the hardware reset.
  2. Did the transducer come with a 12pin plug already attached or did someone have to connect the bare wires to a 12pin pigtail?
    1. If connections had to be made, please ensure that they are secure and correct on the low frequency wiring.
  3. If the connections look good, ensure that B275LHW is selected in the transducer setup menu within the fish finder menu.
  4. If the above two items are correct and there is no change in function, someone will need to test the transducer.

Hello, thank you very much for the answer I will check the connections to see if the problem is there.
Indeed in high frequency it reads correctly.
The transducer I checked if it was set in manual selection and in B275HLW.
I will let you know if it is solved

Do you have any photos of the transducer in place. That pocket doesn't look deep enough. The transducer must sit flush on the hull. If it sticks out it can cause turbulence. Turbulence always effects the LF more than HF. I would recommend bringing up dual freq LF/HF and look at both freqs while floating and then slowly start moving the boat. If the transducer isn't damaged, I would suspect turbulence. The transducer could always be tested with the Airmar TDT1000 tester to ensure the LF side is good.

Back