Transducer for DFF3d with TZT3

Keta

I'm considering adding a dff3d to my system. Currently I have the 9" & 16' TZT3's in the system. I'm running a 275LHW for a transducer which I'm not overly happy with due to a poor installation. I like the transducer when I'm fishing, trolling et cetera but get a lot of noise when at cruise speed from "I think" harmonics of the engine since it's mounted next to a stringer plus it's right next to the alternator. For the dff3d I'm thinking the combo transducer with the 50/200 elements. But...reading the info on the combo unit it says this transducer is for the TZT2 touch. Will it not work with the TZT3's????
Thanks

It says TZT2 because at the time written, the TZT3 didn't exist. Because you have duel CHIRP on the 16", that sounder is busy. I guess it depends on exactly WHICH combo transducer you are considering. Your TZT9F has a sounder that can manage a 50/200 1kw CW transducer (10pin). If the combo transducer you are looking at (say like the 165T-50/200-SS260 or 165T-50/200-TM260) the 50/200 CW transducer could connect directly to the back of the TZT9F and be used, while the DFF3D (165khz) element would connect to your new DFF3D multi-beam unit.

I too have been considering adding the DFF3D for a few years with the 165T-B54. It’s really a $$ thing at this point and I’m worried it will not get me much more than what my 175HW shows other than what side of the boat the fish is on. I too get noise sometimes when running on plane, sometimes switch to cruising mode on the sounder.

Can you send a pic of the install? Maybe there is something you can tweak. Would you pull the current ducer or leave it in?

Were you going to replace with a pocket mount?

Sounds like you are thinking of adding the 165T-50/200-SS260 or 165T-265LH-PM488 or Furuno 165T/275LHW Pocket Mount CHIRP Transducer for DFF3D

Back