TZT 14 Boat Icon and Center Vessel button gone

MakoJohn

I have a 2014 TZT14. I took the boat out for the first time this year and the Chartplotter does not show my boat Icon for my own position. The "Center Vessel" button does not appear. The Chartplotter does not move automatically. I have to manually scroll it, but it does not show my vessel location on it.

I tried powering it up and down several times and also did a reset to default settings. It still does not work.

Is there a simple fix?

Thank You in Advance.

MakoJohn,

Most likely your unit is not getting gps data to “Center Vessel” or the gps source is not set correctly to look at the right gps sensor. While the unit is turned on, select the home button (top right corner) select Menu, scroll down to Initial Setup and about half-way down select Data Source. Make sure the Sources are set correctly. The gps sensor should be set for GPS, Date and Time and SOG/COG.

YachtyBoy

Thanks for the Reply YB.

I went in as you suggested.
COG/SOG is set to GP-330B
Date/Time is set to TZT14
POSITION is set to GP-330B

I noticed that The EVENT option is greyed out as well as the GO TO button.

She still won't show my Boat ICON (Own Position) nor does the Center button show.

Any other help is appreciated.

Thank You!

The GP-330B is an external GPS unit which might be on the fritz.

Have you tried using the TZT14's internal gps as a source? If it works then there probably is a problem with the external gps. Cable or the puck et cetera.

Hi Keta,

I checked the Data Acquisition both the :
GP-330B WAAS MODE and
WS-200 WAAS MODE are "Grayed out", so I can not turn them on or off.

How do I activate the TZT Internal GPS to try that as you suggested.

Thank You,
MakoJohn

If both the GP330B and the WS200 are grayed out that means the system doesn't see them on the bus anymore. I would suspect something has happened to your NMEA 2000 bus. Maybe you popped a fuse or something. The TZT14 has no internal GPS like the TZT2/TZT3 offers. Your topic says TZT14 (TZT series one) but it was posted in the TZT3 topic area so it might be causing readers some confusion. If you indeed have a TZT14; then you must get your other GPS sources working but the TZT14 will not offer you any GPS.

Thank You Johnny,

Yes it is a TZT 14 and not TZT2 or TZT3 Sorry for the confusion.

I will check fuses, if not that do you recommend I go to my dealer or send the unit in to Furuno?

Thank You,
MakoJohn

I would check the fuse for the NMEA 2000 power tee. If that is all good; I would check any other NMEA 2000 devices you might have to see if the bus if functional or not. If the bus is functional yet the TZT14 is not setting any 2000 devices active; I would remove the cable an check the pins for corrosion and proper keying and reconnect if good. If you can't get anything working then yes I would send the TZT14 in for evaluation because the NMEA port might be damaged.

Hi Johnny,

Found the issue. My breaker label auto pilot was off and when I switched it back on the GPS on the TZT14 works perfectly.

Thank You for your Assistance! You guy's are Great!!!

Mako John

Back