NAVnet TZT2 Boat Icon Differs from Current Position

F

fbproxy

I currently have the NAVnet TZtouch 2 and am having problems entering a point at my current location. When I use the slide-out menu to create a point, the default gps coordinate position shown does not seem to be the same position as shown on boat icon on the plotter display. When I make a point using the default coordinates it is not at the boat icon current position. It makes the point some distance away from the boat icon. Checking that default current position coordinates on the TZT2, it differs from my VHF GPS current position and the GPS current location on my phone; my phone and VHF coordinates match. I'm also worried that if I have to use the MOB point, it would be off as well. Please help to determine what is going on here. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Thank you for the advice. Sounds troubling. Thing is that I have two displays and both of them do that. I wonder what could be happening. Thank you again though!

I have had the same problem all summer. I followed the documentation, but something is not right. What I found, is if you use the slide out menu and enter a new "Event", rather than a waypoint, it seems to work fine. I am hoping that the upgrade will fix this problem.

Thank you for chiming in. I was wondering if I was the only one. I have two 12" displays and both have the boat icon in the same place on the chart but even between the two, the current position coordinates are different and very off. Very puzzling. I'll try creating an "Event" and see what happens. Thank you again!

Back