SCX-20 Setup on MFD12

remotecaptures

Three questions:

1) I connected my SCX-20 to a NMEA 2k backbone which also is connect to my Navnet MFD12. Don't appear to be any lights ont he SCX-20 to indicate power/connection but I assume it's on and can connect. First thing I did was to go to the installation wizard and looked at the NMEA 2000 tab but assuming I'm going down the right path here for connecting the SCX-20 to the MFD12, I wasn't sure what selections to make. Technically this sattelite compass does many of these functions (date/time, postion, system time, speed, vessel heading, navigational data, etc):

IMG_2633.jpg

2) If I want to only look at radar on the MFD12 screen (and ideally only the radar, nothing else), what's the best way to do that? It didn't look like there was a radar only display option page but I can see only the radar when I'm in the radar settings tab but the radar portion of the screen is small and I'd like to make it full screen. Since I don't have a GPS/heading sensor setup yet I can't overlay the radar and haven't found a good way to view the radar on the screen:

IMG_2638.jpg

3) Any potential issues with my radio antenna placement in terms of interferance to the radar or damage to the antenna from the DRS12a?
IMG_2649.jpg

Thanks,

Pete

Last edited:
The first screen is to configure what you wish to OUTPUT from the MFD12 to the 2000 bus. If you are running a pilot by 2000 you would normally turn on the Navigation and waypoint PGNs. There really isn't anything additional for you to do. The SCX20 will be on the bus and to use it for your heading and position, you would go to the Global - Data Sources in the wizard and select it as your primary source. (save and exit) For the second question about the radar screen, you would simply need to create a Hotpage with the radar only screen. https://www.furunousa.com/-/media/s...ublic_manuals/mfd8_mfd12_operators_manual.pdf1689013106360.png

Back