SCX-20 Software Update

sheakx

Furuno Super Fan
I was performing a sensor software update with tztl12f and the radar update went well but the scx-20 update failed several times. Now GNSS is not working. Any suggestions?

I was able to get it to revert back to the original version with a fourth attempt but still not sure why this update didn't work.

I am looking into this. I experienced the same NG result as you. I will reply back when I have more information.

I cannot see your photos but does your "Program # in Storage Device" say V2.01 or V1.06 and V1.02?
I think some old software got out disguised as new software.

FishTech,

My current update screen with yesterday's download shows 2 updates for the SCX-20:

First:
Time: 15 min
Update Box: Checked
Product Name: SCX-20
Update Item: Application
Current prog#: 2051601-01.06
Prog# in Storage Device: 01.06

Second:
Time: 15 min
Update Box: Checked
Product Name: GNSS_CORE
Current prog#: 2051601-01.06
Prog# in Storage Device: 01.02

When I finished yesterday, the current prog# ended in .02. Not sure why it ends in .06 now.

I downloaded this from the link provided on the 24” NXT Radome software page on FurunoUSA.com which I assume includes updates for all network sensors. The SCX-20 software page does not have a link for updating network sensors.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I am looking into this. I experienced the same NG result as you. I will reply back when I have more information.

I had the same experience. It seemed to me upon closer examination that the newly released sensor update package that has the radar update had the wrong SCX-20 version. Fortunately it did not corrupt mine, it just failed to install.

Is there actually supposed to be an SCX-20 update?

FishTech,

The file you e-mailed me loaded fine. Versions loaded were:

Application: 02.01 OK
GNSS_Core: 01.02 OK

Thanks!

I had the same experience. It seemed to me upon closer examination that the newly released sensor update package that has the radar update had the wrong SCX-20 version. Fortunately it did not corrupt mine, it just failed to install.

Is there actually supposed to be an SCX-20 update?
Yes, though it is a minor update. It should be sorted out today and available online tomorrow.

Just following up on this… about to do a network software update and want to make sure the latest version of the updater is good to go. Thanks.

Back