GP39 used as data display for SCX-20 Sat compass

hori

Furuno Fan
I know the GP39 can be used as data display for SCX- 21 sat compass, however can it be used for the SCX -20 if it has nmea 0183 to 2000 converter ?

No, the GP39 can not be used for setup or display of the SCX20. The TZT2/3 and XL units have abilities to communicate directly to the compass for testing or internal settings. In general unlike the SCX21 that might need 0183 data configured, the SCX20 normally needs no setup other than placing it on the boat properly and it puts out all the PGNs directly to the 2000 network. Many devices can show that heading.

Just to confirm, as I wanting to use the GP39 to be a display only and not for set up. A nmea converter from the GP39 to a nmea 2000 bus will not display heading, position or 3 axis from my scx-20.

Ultimately the GP39 in the normal state is an output device. It isn't a remote display unless used in the special SCX21 mode. If looking for a good three axis display, I would recommend the FI70 or GP1871F placed on the 2000 bus with the existing SCX20.

Back