Will Navionics work?

davepjr71

Furuno Fan
I fish mainly the Chesapeake Bay area. Are the Furuno downloadable charts enough? Do they show enough detail for depth changes? If not, will Navionics work with the TZTouch2?

I installed a 15 inch TZT 2 in July. I keep my boat in Manasquan NJ. And have found the charts that are loaded in the machine more than fine for my use. You can flip between vector and raster and both are very detailed and up to date. You can buy other charts( Navionics and others) for the unit but frankly I have not seen the need to do that.

are both on the same card and you select the chart you want to use? Thank you. I just got my unit and Im going to connect to a power supply to update software and look at charts. I've downloaded the raster and 3D charts for the east coast.

I have not found the need to change cards. The one that is in the back of the unit has everything you could use for the entire USA

For Furuno USA customers we provide a card with many charts preloaded. If you are not a Furuno USA customer then you might not have a card included with your purchase.

I have the card. Just wondering if the Navionics works and is it worth purchasing. I haven't powered on the unit yet to see how the charts are as far as for fishing. I've downloaded the available charts from furunousa.

Normal Navionics cards do not work directly in these systems. The charts need to be in MM3 format. We do offer (for sale through your dealer) Navionics and C-map core data charts in the MM3 format depending on your needs including the new C-map high resolution fishing charts. I think you should contact our tech support to discuss in detail because it seems you haven't got the clear understanding of the charting of the system. It is very flexible with just about anything you might want.

Thanks, I downloaded a bunch of charts that were not on the unit for my area. I'll contact them when I can do some bench testing again. My boat is being built and I won't have the unit installed until late February at the earliest.

Back