WiFi camera for TZTouch3

stlhdfshon1

I am starting to research adding a video camera to my boat so I can use my aft station to monitor what is in front of me when I am trolling. I am seeing the option to add a wired IP camera but I have not seen any options yet to add a wireless WiFi camera. Does Furuno have any WiFi camera option ?

Furuno doesn't sell cameras. The TZT3 units have two composite inputs that will allow you to connect many varieties of low cost cameras. It doesn't support wifi cameras but I can suggest that to product development. We do have support for some Axis IP cameras as well as some FLIR model IP cameras. Many Furuno dealers will find a nice off the shelf composite camera and use an Axis video server to put the IP video to all the MFDs on board. Smaller boats normally keep it simple with direct wire. Wifi video can have lag and other interference issues on boats where there is shaky grounding and lots of other RF going on like your radar. If you really have a need for wifi there are off the shelf solutions which can give you the composite you need for the MFD while allowing a wifi transmission of the video. (one example video here... https://www.cctvcameraworld.com/videoga ... eo_id/238/)

Any progress on other-than-axis network cameras into a TZT3?

There's a lot of great options for cameras out there now, in form-factors and sizes other than what Axis provides.

I agree with you that WiFi lag and likely interference make it a poor choice for live camera viewing.

Running a single CAT5 PoE line for a camera is a lot less hassle than running both composite and power for analog. It'd be great to have some more wired IP camera options.

Back