Volvo EVC / PGN127505

A

Anonymous

I have a Volvo EVC B2 system with NMEA 2000 gateway connected to my TZ2. I can successfully read oil pressue, fuel rate, oil temp, etc, but I am missing rudder and tank information.

The TZ2 successfully detects both fuels tanks and rudder information. When debugging the PGN127505 traffic I can see the TZ2 is receiving rudder level and fuel level data for both fuel tanks. Sometimes the correct tank percentage flashes on the TZ2 for a second or two and then disappear.

I have tried to replace the Volvo EVC gateway with a new just to be sure, but the results were the same.

Please advice.

You might want to backup the data and conduct a factory clear of the MFD. I have seen another Volvo boat receive fuel information after doing this. Did you try "Engine & Tank Automatic Setup"? (Menu>Initial Setup>Engine & Tank Automatic Setup)

Please excuse my late response.

The factory reset did not change anything.
I have tried both Engine & Tank Automatic and manual setup.

Sometimes the correct tank percentage flashes on the TZ2 for a second or two and then disappear. The rudder values is always absent.

Have you installed the correct fuel tank sensors and rudder sensor needed to display this information through the Volvo EVC?

Most of the Volvo EVC systems are capable to display and send information through NMEA2000, however, on their website it does say that an extra sensor will need to be installed in order to display and send Fuel level and rudder angle. I would verify if you have these sensors installed to display fuel level and rudder angle.

Back