Gallons Remaining always "--"

WALoeIII

I'm seeing fuel level in percentages, but the calculation to remaining gallons does not seem to work. I do not see where to configure individual tank volumes. I have set overall tank capacity, but I'm guessing there is a per-tank setting somewhere as well.

I have confirmed I'm getting PGN 127505 on the network, and from the picture you can see I get several other engine related PGNs as well.

NMEA 2000 source is a Mercury SmartCraft Gateway.

IMG_2566.jpeg
IMG_2567.jpeg
IMG_2568.jpeg

Whenever you have real tank sensors, the values are setup in those devices and the TZT3 is just displaying the provided data that comes over by the PGN. Tank size is set-up in the TZT3 only if you are using manual calculation based estimates rather than real tank sensor devices.

Johnny Electron":1nc88v2c said:
Whenever you have real tank sensors, the values are setup in those devices and the TZT3 is just displaying the provided data that comes over by the PGN. Tank size is set-up in the TZT3 only if you are using manual calculation based estimates rather than real tank sensor devices.

Copy.

It looks like my Gateway doesn't pass Tank Capacity as part of PGN 127505. I have the "old" NMEA 2000 Gateway part 8M0165589 - it seems the newer "SmartCraft Connect" Gateway 8m0173696 has been updated to send Tank Capacity as well.

I'll survive.

Back