Fuel Level and Engine Hours

flatout18

Just setting up TZT2 and have a few questions:

1. Fuel Tank - Level shows as percent but remaining gallons is 0. Is there a way to set gallons so that I know how many gallons are remaining. Also, how do I reset gallons used?

2. Engine Hours - Currently displayed in days and hours. For example, it shows 10 days instead of 240 hours. How do I get the unit to display only in hours.

3. Battery Voltage - Will unit display battery voltage?

Furuno unit is connect to Mercury NMEA gateway which converts Mercury smartcraft data to NMEA 2000 for display on the Furuno.

1. Fuel Tank - Level shows as percent but remaining gallons is 0. Is there a way to set gallons so that I know how many gallons are remaining. Also, how do I reset gallons used?
Both TankLevel and TankCapacity from PGN 127505 are required from your sending device. Note if you have VesselView or cummins others have noted problems with getting all the required data.

2. Engine Hours - Currently displayed in days and hours. For example, it shows 10 days instead of 240 hours. How do I get the unit to display only in hours.
I couldn't find any options to change it either. At this time it appears the data is fixed and doesn't change to other formats. I will let product develop know that you would like that option. It might be a very large number on some boats. I expect that days are used to help reduce the required field size.

3. Battery Voltage - Will unit display battery voltage?

No unfortunately the power supply does not have a direct sampling sensor for which the programmers can use to show battery voltage on this unit. Maybe you can show it on another device you have on the boat like a FI70.

Thanks.

Seems that Item 1 could easily be addressed by allowing users to input fuel capacity and then unit can do the calculations to show gallons remaining. That is exactly how my vessel view used to show this data. After reading a bunch this weekend, it seems this is a commonly requested feature.

Would be great if the engine hours was addressed. Obviously, I can figure engine hours but it seems to be an odd way to display engine hours on a boat.

I messed around with the unit this weekend and voltage is displayed. It is one of the items under engine information. Seems to work correctly. Think it is labeled Alternator Voltage. It will display 12 volts with engine off so I assume it is reading from batteries.

Yes voltage can be displayed from the engine PGN, if provided, but the MFD voltage can not be displayed because the hardware to sample the voltage isn't present.

Back