Remaining Fuel Always Zero

Your point is taken but Furuno also has other products that offers features that the TZT doesn't; like the GP1670F ($699 full retail). The TZT has a ton more features that those non-Furuno product don't offer, including longevity parts and repairs, so it is bit of a flawed comparison.

Being this forum is official and moderated by Furuno USA, We like to keep the forum focused on productive questions and answers and not subjective debates. Those debates can be discussed on other forums.

Furuno USA makes every effort to support the product and pass on suggestions to Furuno Japan for consideration. They have to consider the impact of suggested changes on system performance while they also consider what everyone else in the world is asking for. It is a daunting task. Although we (Furuno USA) asks for changes they are not always granted for the larger picture including the costs/benefit.

I am pleased to report that Furuno again garnered more awards than any other manufacturer at the 2014 National Marine Electronics Association banquet. We are not perfect but we try our best. Again we received “Manufacturer of the Year – Support” for our efforts in supporting our products, our dealers and our customers. Furuno is the only manufacturer to have won this award since it inception.

We appreciate your business and promise to do everything we can to continue earning your trust.

Of course that is your prerogative. However as a loyal customer for nearly 20 years, I think identifying a feature that would appear simple to implement and is common on competitors' products is helping Furuno improve its software.

The fact remains that taking fuel level data from a tank sensor is inaccurate and inferior in comparison to a user-specified initial fuel level and then using data from the engine ECM to determine remaining fuel on board. I don't think anyone could claim with a straight face that a tank float sensor in a moving boat provides good information on fuel level.

I agree with Quitsa and have asked for this feature a year ago. I have a FloScan Flonet fuel measurement system that is extremely precise and outputs fuel usage to my NMEA 2000 network. The fuel use is easily monitored on my three TZT displays. But, like many large vessels, my two 500 gallon fuel tanks do not have any senders, they have sight glasses. Since I have no way of measuring the fuel in the tanks electronically, it would be extremely useful to be able to manually input a starting fuel quantity and then have the Flonet/TZT system simply deduct fuel consumed from the starting quantity. This does seem like an incredibly easy feature for Furuno to provide.

No one is saying that it will or will not be changed in the future. Furuno USA pokes and prods and sometimes we get requests and sometimes we don't. Furuno Japan is already looking into this subject. I will post anything I hear back.

Back