Fuel Management/Fuel Remaining Display

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
I just installed a NMEA 2000 connection to get data from my Yamaha F115 outboard onto a TZTL 12. The new Yamaha engine display page appeared and I can see that some data fields are populated such as RPM, alternator voltage, and fuel rate. I have a NMEA gateway for my laptop and can see that the two engine parameter PGNs of 127488 and 127489 are available on the NMEA 2000 network for the TZT2.

What I cannot figure out is how to use the fuel consumption and fuel remaining functions. I see the manual fuel option on the TZT2 menus but there is no way that I can find to input to current fuel level, which would be essential for the unit to calculate remaining fuel based on the fuel rate data from the engine. I do not have a NMEA 2000 tank level sensor, which frankly is virtually useless because the fuel slops around in the tank depending upon the boat's attitude. On my other (larger) boat with Cummins Diesels, the Garmin 8617 displays will maintain a running calculation of remaining fuel based on a user-inputted starting point and then subtracting the fuel used by the engines. It is amazingly accurate (within 1-2% when checked against refilling the tanks), vastly better than the crude approximation possible from an analogue fuel sender.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Well I should have looked harder on the website. I just found the instruction manual that was posted after the software update that enabled the manual fuel management.

Back