Volvo DPI w NavPilot 300

Jarcoach

26’ Farallon repowered to D4 320 w DPI drive. Lots of good info on other posts used to get mine installed.
Once I received the gateway it was a very quick install. All seems to work as it should even in troll mode at low speed.
So even though it was designed for the IPS system it seems to work as it should with the DPI.
Just posting so others can see multiple people utilizing this equipment successfully

Thank you for sharing this! Do you have any photos of the parts or the installation that you can share?

Here is the magic part- the only non included items required are 2 nmea2000 Ts as it requires its own backbone- nmea2000 from pilot to T , the interface plugs into a T , connect Ts together.
The square piece plugs into the VP computer block. My particular install has a VP block with 4-5 open spots. There is a pigtail on this interface that allows it to be plugged into the VP block and I ASSUME to plug another VP interface into the system- if you only no open spots in the VP block, you could plug this in, then plug whatever you removed into the pigtail and keep the entire system online- I hope that was confusing enough
Easy install

Attachments

• CFAC93ED-11AD-4FCC-B1D5-F856E19BE98A.jpeg
    CFAC93ED-11AD-4FCC-B1D5-F856E19BE98A.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 316
And just for fun- took me longer to figure out how to get a pic small enough to post than it took me to install….

Jarcoach":11ln0spj said:
26’ Farallon repowered to D4 320 w DPI drive. Lots of good info on other posts used to get mine installed.
Once I received the gateway it was a very quick install. All seems to work as it should even in troll mode at low speed.
So even though it was designed for the IPS system it seems to work as it should with the DPI.
Just posting so others can see multiple people utilizing this equipment successfully

Many thanks for this information. Can you confirm which version of the EVC you are using on you D4? I know there have been problems with EVC2 and the NP300 in the past. Interested to know if they have been sorted.

Back