V8 Software Upgrade

r0ckb0tt0m3269

I see where there is a Version 8 upgrade for the TZT2BB. Are they planning a similar upgrade for the TZTL12F and TZTL15F units?

r0ckb0tt0m3269":zm377nlx said:
I see where there is a Version 8 upgrade for the TZT2BB. Are they planning a similar upgrade for the TZTL12F and TZTL15F units?

:jump :jump Version 8 is for all TZ Touch 2 customers! :jump :jump

For 15" TZ Touch 2 customers: https://furunousa.com/en/support/TZTL15F#Software

For 12" TZ Touch 2 customers: https://furunousa.com/en/support/TZTL12F#Software

For TZT 2 Black Box customers: https://furunousa.com/en/support/TZT2BB#Software

Choose the link for your device and get to it!

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thank you very much ...!!!

I understad; I need to update part 2 first , ( internal sounder, charts etc,)
and after the software ... ????

Thank you very much
Brai

Before doing the update you might want to make sure you have a 8gb or smaller micro sd card. I tried with a 16gb that I have used for all other updates and it didn’t work and the unit won’t power back on. Tech support suggested trying the smaller SD card and I had to order one that will be here Friday. Amazon was the only place I could find a card that small!

mikek":38j79rbs said:
Before doing the update you might want to make sure you have a 8gb or smaller micro sd card. I tried with a 16gb that I have used for all other updates and it didn’t work and the unit won’t power back on. Tech support suggested trying the smaller SD card and I had to order one that will be here Friday. Amazon was the only place I could find a card that small!

Our experience with this isn't so much the size of the card, but rather the make. Don't forget we always have the upgrade kit available for sale if you run into further issues. :wink7

Often the sizes we use are between 4GB and 8GB. We haven't had a lot of success with Kingston or PNY made memory cards, so if ordering one or picking one up at the store you may want consider a SanDisk or any reputable memory card brand from your local BestBuy or preferred electronics store. (Class rating doesn't matter).

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Magnetron":31pthyas said:
mikek":31pthyas said:

Our experience with this isn't so much the size of the card, but rather the make. Don't forget we always have the upgrade kit available for sale if you run into further issues. :wink7

Often the sizes we use are between 4GB and 8GB. We haven't had a lot of success with Kingston or PNY made memory cards, so if ordering one or picking one up at the store you may want consider a SanDisk or any reputable memory card brand from your local BestBuy or preferred electronics store. (Class rating doesn't matter).

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

I installed the update off a 32GB card this afternoon with no problems. It is a Sandisk, further indicating that it is not necessarily the size that is the problem. There may be some hidden files or formatting issues with the card you used that caused the problem. You might want to completely erase and reformat it as FAT 32 before copying the update files on it.

Quitsa":im8ofbhm said:
I installed the update off a 32GB card this afternoon with no problems. It is a Sandisk, further indicating that it is not necessarily the size that is the problem. There may be some hidden files or formatting issues with the card you used that caused the problem. You might want to completely erase and reformat it as FAT 32 before copying the update files on it.

Excellent advice,
Yes basically the process is similar to the V.7.01 update. But wait folks there's more! :lol:

If you upgrade to V.8.01 we now include the much needed and asked for "Check for Software Update" feature under HOME > Settings > General menus so any future updates just require a steady wireless internet connection and some free time. :ugeek: ;)

- Maggy

mikek":15qd99te said:
Well it was an SD card issue. Tried a different 8gb card and it worked first time!

:jump :jump WHEW! :jump :jump

Thanks for letting us know, :cool

Enjoy all the new features! :sail

- Maggy

Upgrade ready, !!
I try directly with the 8gb card.
Thank you very much
enjoy it !!!
brai.eus

Tried to install the V8 update this morning with no luck. Removed sd card and installed sd card(SanDisk) with part 1 installed on it, powered up unit and it powered up normally.Powered down unit removed sd card and installed in my personal computer and it had V8 Part 1 and a file that is labeled Lost.Dir which wasn’t on it before I tried the update! Thoughts???

r0ckb0tt0m3269":ohd4k10w said:
Tried to install the V8 update this morning with no luck. Removed sd card and installed sd card(SanDisk) with part 1 installed on it, powered up unit and it powered up normally.Powered down unit removed sd card and installed in my personal computer and it had V8 Part 1 and a file that is labeled Lost.Dir which wasn’t on it before I tried the update! Thoughts???

Did you copy the folder with Part 1 updates or the files inside the folder after you unzipped it? You need to have the files directly in the root directory of the SD card, not in the folder. Seeing the "Lost" directory is normal. I have wondered about it but it does not seem to have any effect on the the update procedure.

Software update from 5.03-8! Did as Quitsa suggested and update went without a hitch. Something I did notice, when I was doing the factory reset on the unit, in initial settings my unit only said Service not Serviceman. Thanks for the help!

r0ckb0tt0m3269":3fma0lq9 said:
Something I did notice, when I was doing the factory reset on the unit, in initial settings my unit only said Service not Serviceman. Thanks for the help!

Glad it went ok! :jump :jump

Yep, the nomenclature changed a few updates ago. ;) :sail

- Maggy

Started messing with the updated unit this evening and something is bad wrong with fish finder! Picture is distorted and blurry. Went to transducers in settings and my 527TID-HDN(B260) is not listed! I see you can chose from Manual or Model.Need some guidance please!!!

For a B260, try selecting 1kw:526TID-HDD and see if that works.

- Maggy

Back