TZT2BB firmware update to use TZ Maps?

It is early to tell but it is unlikely, as the TZT2BB and TZT3 units don't have the memory and horsepower to add these newer features. XL has twice the memory and three times the CPU processing as I have been told. I suspect TZ Maps and the connected new features will be for XL only. While network mixing of TZT3 and TZT2BB with XL is coming with newer software for those units; the mapping and new abilities are most likely not going to directly happen due to hardware requirements. I think TZT3 and TZT2BB will benefit from being mixed with an XL that is building the AI route, but they are unlikely to get the features directly. It will be interesting to see how they tie all that together. As it is now the new software for TZT3 (v3.7) and TZT2BB (v9.7) is needed for mixing and we will see what improvements it brings. I am told that while some newer MM3 format maps are a possibility; the TZ Maps are most likely not on the table for the previous NavNets.

It is early to tell but it is unlikely, as the TZT2BB and TZT3 units don't have the memory and horsepower to add these newer features. XL has twice the memory and three times the CPU processing as I have been told. I suspect TZ Maps and the connected new features will be for XL only. While network mixing of TZT3 and TZT2BB with XL is coming with newer software for those units; the mapping and new abilities are most likely not going to directly happen due to hardware requirements. I think TZT3 and TZT2BB will benefit from being mixed with an XL that is building the AI route, but they are unlikely to get the features directly. It will be interesting to see how they tie all that together. As it is now the new software for TZT3 (v3.7) and TZT2BB (v9.7) is needed for mixing and we will see what improvements it brings. I am told that while some newer MM3 format maps are a possibility; the TZ Maps are most likely not on the table for the previous NavNets.
Johnny, ok thanks for info. So will there be a new XLBB coming soon so I can get these new features?

Yes, XL has BB planned release for this fall. With the 22 and 24" sizes available now, I suppose it is less needed.

Last edited:
Back