Update software for FA-50

aivlys

Our TZT has been powered off for several months, just back to the boat in 2022. Turn on the electronics and I can't lock onto a position or heading. Our setup is a TZT with a GP-330B connected via a small NMEA 2000 net (via FI50002) . There is also an FA-50 with a whip antenna for VHF and a GPA-017S attached to that.

In looking at the Furuno site, it seems just about all my GPS's are caught in the GPS Rollover. Our GP330B is just a tad too old per SN's. The documentation says our FA-50 can be updated to new firmware (and I assume that will "fix" the GPS associated (GPA-017s). Where do I find V2.02 of the FA-50 software?

As I am running V5.1 on the TZT, I thought I'd update the firmware from 5.1 to 6.3. Can I go directly from 5.1 to 6.3, or do I have to go to 6.2 first? I can't find the 6.2 version to download if that step must be done first.

I'm assuming once I update the firmware on my FA-50 and install a newer version GB330B that the date issues and position and heading issues I am seeing will be resolved.

Thanks!

Sylvia

If you running 5.01 on the TZT it is new enough that you can format and make an update chip using the software and instructions on our website to update the TZT14. You can go directly to 6.03. The FA50 software is also on our website (www.FurunoUSA.com) under the product (FA50 product>View Support Tech info>Software) where both the software and instructions are posted. If you wish the time and date to be fixed on the GPP30B it would be replaced for a current model GP330B because it has not software solution.

aivlys":h91zoxmg said:
I'm assuming once I update the firmware on my FA-50 and install a newer version GB330B that the date issues and position and heading issues I am seeing will be resolved.

Thanks!

Sylvia

If you tackle the FA50 update and replace the GP330B GPS puck with a new one, than yes the date and position issues you are seeing will be resolved. Not sure about heading, no heading sensor was specified and it is separate from GPS and AIS.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Back