TZTouch 3 implications

CharlieP

Interesting to see the new TZT3 arriving. Any idea what this means for the TZT2 community?
Will we see trickle down of features? (e.g. pin lock, Timezero integration and cloud)
Or is TZT2 frozen now and the v7 firmware will only be available for TZT3?

More information will be forth coming after the USA release of the TZT3. In regards to the TZT2; its software is not frozen. When the TZT3 releases, we will have TZT, TZT2, and TZT3 all available for sale. We should be seeing some software updates coming for each series, over the next 12 months including v7 for TZT2. What v7 offers TZT2, when available, is still unclear. We have been told that it will allow some better integration with the Nobeltec TZ Pro v4. We don't expect v7 software release until sometime after the TZT3. Until our official release of the TZT3, there isn't much else to be said other than what can be found at NavNet.com. We will not be expanding beyond that, until we learn more ourselves and have our official release in Miami. I will say, I have seen and operated the TZT3 units on the water and I am very happy and excited about what it brings.

Johnny Electron":mm1ydz89 said:
We should be seeing some software updates coming for each series, over the next 12 months including v7 for TZT2. What v7 offers TZT2, when available, is still unclear. We have been told that it will allow some better integration with the Nobeltec TZ Pro v4. We don't expect v7 software release until sometime after the TZT3.

Johnny, I imagine that software V7 will apply the same way to the MFD series as V6 did. That is, until V7 is available for the TZT, you can not install it on your TZT2 in a mixed TZT/TZT2 system.

We have to wait to see what v7 brings to the table when it releases. Too early to say but more details should be available at or after the Miami boat show.

Back