TZT3 Internal Sounder - Manual Range Selection and Bot. Zoom

mattology

Furuno Super Fan
Hello

I am having an issue where I don't know if I am properly understanding how to adjust the range and shift on the right side of the sounder window (which is normally the full size side) when I am in "bottom zoom" mode.

My normal configuration is "bottom zoom" and manual range and gain. The full size / non bottom zoom display is the right half of the screen. The bottom zoom display is the left half of the screen

What i have noticed is that no matter what i tap or touch or turn on the roto-key, all it does is adjust how zoomed in the left half of the screen is. I can't seem to get it to adjust the way I want.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried tapping, swiping, pinching, and the roto key. It all seems to only adjust the bottom zoom side of things.

Is there any TZT3 internal sounder video that gets into stuff like that?

I have the manual, and it explains how to do manual range selection as well as how to shift the display range, and this works when in single frequency display without any zoom. However, it seems like I cannot adjust it once the zoom is enabled.

I'm wondering if marker zoom is a better way to go, or perhaps dual frequency,, where i have 50khz showing the full water column and 200khz zoomed in...

mattology":sg9pl25p said:
... it explains how to do manual range selection as well as how to shift the display range, and this works when in single frequency display without any zoom. However, it seems like I cannot adjust it once the zoom is enabled.

I'm wondering if marker zoom is a better way to go, or perhaps dual frequency,, where i have 50khz showing the full water column and 200khz zoomed in...

The Bottom Zoom Display corresponds to the value in the [Zoom Range Span] under your Fish Finder settings. This value has to be adjusted 'manually' via the Fish Finder settings menu, and doesn't have the same options to change the value via pinch on the screen or operating a slider bar the way Marker Zoom does. Marker zoom may be a better option for you since it can be dynamically adjusted on the fly but it changes the [Bottom Lock Range Span] value rather than for [Zoom Range Span]. Both are Zoom Displays, just presented differently for different fishing scenarios.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back