TZT3 16F with DDF 3D

Gaspar

I have a TZT3 16F connected directly to a B265LH transducer and I would like to add the DDF 3D system with the B54 transducer.

Can these 2 transducers work simultaneously? Can I see both systems working on the display?
Won't the frequencies of both transducers "conflict" and jeopardize the performance of the systems?

Furuno USA recommends that if you do have any interference to try to mitigate using settings (Interference Rejection to ON). On the TZT3 you can set preset frequencies for the Chirp so another option would be to have the TZT3 setup to stop transmitting just shy of 165 Khz (the DFF3D freq) or start just past 165 Khz.

If there is any interference issues remaining there is a Keying Pulse (KP) cable that will sync the two transmissions. Part number 001-605-510-00.

Furuno USA recommends that if you do have any interference to try to mitigate using settings (Interference Rejection to ON). On the TZT3 you can set preset frequencies for the Chirp so another option would be to have the TZT3 setup to stop transmitting just shy of 165 Khz (the DFF3D freq) or start just past 165 Khz.

If there is any interference issues remaining there is a Keying Pulse (KP) cable that will sync the two transmissions. Part number 001-605-510-00.
I have lots of experience with this issue since I had one of the first TZT3/DFF3D installs. If you set the interference filter to "high" (not Auto) on both the TZT3 internal sounder and the DFF3D, the small vertical lines of interference will go away with no apparent reduction in performance. I found that nothing else works. I have tried operating with custom high frequencies on the TZT3 outside the 165Hz of the DFF3D and I still see the noise on both sounder screens. That doesn't make a lot of sense but it is the reality of what happens in the field. For example, I can use a fixed frequency (CW) setting of 210Hz on the internal TZT3 sounder and I will still see the noise on both sounder displays if I turn off the filters on both.

I have a friend with a similar setup who installed the key pulse synchronization cable and did not like what happened. He felt it reduced performance and stopped using the KP synchronization and went back to just the filters.

Back