TZT2 chart, SW update and weather questions

A

Anonymous

Hello All, I installed a TZT2 and have a few questions:

1) The charts that my system says are available are as follows:
-Auto
-Raster (looks like a paper chart)
-HOs (looks the same as "Auto")
-Fishing (basically just shows the boundary between land and water)

a) Per a review I read, I thought Jeppeson charts were included? Also, the included manual says "Vector" charts are included, which I don't seem to have. Am I missing something here and are there any other charts I can order?

b) What does "Auto" mean regarding the charts? Same question for "HOs".

2) The font of the depth markers is tiny and where my unit is placed I can't read that w/o bending down which is not an option while underway. Zooming does not change font size and I found no option to change it. Is ther e anyway to make the depth numbers font bigger or will another type of chart help here?

3) I do not have Sirius weather. I can connect to the internet via a hotspot on my mobile phone in order to get Navionics weather. From the weather screen, I can download the weather data and get a "download complete" message. When I go to the weather display and load the weather file I get a "no item found" message. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather downloaded/displayed? If I try to download w/o a connection I get an error as expected.

4) When I check for a software update, it says my unit has 2.0 and is up to date. I thought 2.05 (or similar) was current.

5) Does the following turn off the transducer power so I can play when not in the water: Home-Settings-Sounder-sounder transmit?

Thanks for any insight.

Good afternoon Neman,

1.) The unit comes with NOAA Raster and NOAA HO S-57 Vector Charts. Those charts are included on the Micro SD found in the back of the unit. The unit also includes vector charts from Jeppesen but those charts are not free to use so they are locked; they are a pay for chart. They are included on the SD card, you will not be able to view the Jeppesen charts without an unlock code, which can be purchased. To see a list of preloaded charts please go to the following link: http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocumen ... Charts.pdf

What does "Auto" mean regarding the charts: The unit will automatically decided what chart to use based on chart availability and priority. It will use both Raster and Vector.

HO's: is a vector chart from NOAA in a S-57 format. It is part of the NOAA ENC database. For more information on ENC please see the following link: https://www.iho.int/srv1/index.php?opti ... 08&lang=en

Depth Markers: You can change the size of Depth Markers for vector charts by going into the Menu: Vector Charts: Chart Object Size. Please note this will only affect Vector Charts, the Depth Markers on Raster Charts are fixed.

Once you have successfully connected to a LAN via Wifi, please go to the menu: Weather, to choose what data you want to include in your download, you can also choose the number of days you want to forecast. The more data you choose to download and the more days you pick to forecast will affect the download file size. Once that selection is made in the menu, please choose your weather display page. On the weather display page, pan the chart to the area you want to display weather on. You can zoom in or out, the area that will be downloaded will be the view of the display. Tap the screen and choose: Get latest Weather. The unit will use the Wifi connection and download the weather. A progress bar will appear to show you the status of the download. When the weather file is downloaded it will automatically populate your screen. You can Tap the screen to choose what weather data you want to overlay. When you tap the screen it will show digital values of the data you downloaded at that point on the screen. To choose what data to show, scroll the window up, you will see "WX Data." WX data is where you choose what data you can view on the display.

The current software is version 2.05, however that software version is not available to update the system via Wifi. The update can be downloaded from the Furuno USA website.

Back