TZT2BB auto chart updates?

Wdeertz

I recently updated my NN3D MFDBB to a TZT2BB. I also have TimeZero Navigator which was associated with my NN3D system ID (I have the radar module). I called TimeZero and associated the system ID of my new TZT2BB with my TZ Navigator license. Reading the manual it mentions that chart updates should be loaded on a micro usb card.

When I went in the Charts menu my licensed charts were already there and unlocked. I didn’t see anything in the manual about automatic chart downloads and unlock codes but this appears to be what happened. Am I imagining this or does the system automatically download licensed charter and unlock codes?

If you recently upgraded your charts in your TimeZero, it is possible that it happened to be the same version that is on the card in the TZT2BB. We send them out with the latest charts for the Americas preinstalled on the MicroSD card. If you connect the TZT2BB it will look online for chart unlock codes. It WILL NOT download new charts.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes all my recent charts were already on the recently installed TZT2BB and the unlock codes were automatically downloaded. For an older chart I needed to download to the SD card and the system automatically downloaded the the unlock code.

So for clarification, are the charts on internal memory? I ask this because none of my current charts were on the SD card inserted but were visible and accessible from the system? Is there anyway to get the files on the SD card copied to the internal memory?

The MicroSD card we supply with units purchased through Furuno USA is in one of the two MicroSD card slots directly on the circuit board inside the TZT2BB box itself. The are no navigation charts stored on internal memory. We do not use the card slots in the PSD (box with the power button and two SD card slots) as placing the cards where we do makes the unit slightly faster at indexing the charts. You can pull the MicroSD out and copy them as you wish.

Not to change the subject but the updating of the charts process is very unclear to me. I have a 12” TZT2 from 2016. Where do I find instructions on the chart update process?

Thank you

1. Download chart
2. Unzip download
3. Copy chart to microSD chart card.

That's it. It doesn't matter if you put in in a folder or right on the root, the file will be indexed and seen as long as it is licence free or unlocked.

1. Download chart
2. Unzip download
3. Copy chart to microSD chart card.

That's it. It doesn't matter if you put in in a folder or right on the root, the file will be indexed and seen as long as it is licence free or unlocked.
So does this card with the update stay in the machine or does it upload to something?

Chart cards always stay in the machine. Each and every Furuno USA TZT, TZT1, TZT2, and TZT3 shipped with one. You only update the data when needed (via PC) and re-insert.

Chart cards always stay in the machine. Each and every Furuno USA TZT, TZT1, TZT2, and TZT3 shipped with one. You only update the data when needed (via PC) and re-insert.
So I take the card that is in the machine now update it then reinstall?

Correct. If it is a licence free chart then it will be rock and roll. If it is a map that requires a licence, you should order the unlock code from your Furuno dealer. If you own an older licence to that area you can order the unlock code under "UPGRADE" pricing (Half price normally) to get access to the newer chart version. Never remove or insert your charting card while the machine is powered ON. Always power OFF before removing or inserting.

Correct. If it is a licence free chart then it will be rock and roll. If it is a map that requires a licence, you should order the unlock code from your Furuno dealer. If you own an older licence to that area you can order the unlock code under "UPGRADE" pricing (Half price normally) to get access to the newer chart version. Never remove or insert your charting card while the machine is powered ON. Always power OFF before removing or inserting.
Great, thank you for clearing that up for me!

Back