TZT2 / 520t-hpd tranducer

edenton jack

Hi all, First time poster. I have an older NavNet system that I want to upgrade. My specific question regards my current transducer and function with a TZT2.

Currently I am running a Furuno 520t-hpd 50/200 khz through hull through a bbff1 transducer box to a 1700c display. That transducer is a 1kw.

The TZT2 specs indicate what appear to be currently available transducers, not discontinued ones as mine, and indicates a 600w sounder built in to the unit and the possibility of 1kw, but might require an MB-1100 matching box. There are similar numbers, but no precise match, especially in the 50/200 khz 1kw section.

The airmar cross reference indicates that their version is a b256 for this transducer along with various cable sets. This was obviously made for Furuno. No show on the TZT2 list for this model either.

I believe this will be compatible with the TZT2, I just can't tell if I am going to get the 1kw power with it or the other TZT2 features as well. I may add another transducer, but this one is built into the keel, and I do not intent to remove. Advice on this is appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Edebton Jack,
Enough though it is an older model your transducer will work with the TZT2. Program the TZT2 to use the 525TID-BHD in the transducer set up menu.

Snips

I am in the same boat as Jack - replacing Navnet1 with TZTouch2. I have the same transducer but do not see the 525-TID-BHD in the list of transducers. I only see 4 1kw transducers - they are:

50/200-1T
50B-6/6B
526T-HDD
50B-6/6B & 200B-5S

Is the 50/200-1T the one to use?

Ed

Thanks. It will be a few weeks before my install is complete. I will let you know how it performs.

Ed

Back