DFF3 sotware update/ tap settings

luke343

Hi,
I am looking to upgrade from a Dff1 w matching box to a DFF3 that I came across for $100.

I would like to update the software via PC is there a package like with the DFF1? I believe I am V 1.05 if the dff1 check version works the same? I have no MFD.

With the transducers they are 1kw non chirp and both work fine on the Dff1.
One is a dual 200/50 mounted in the keel, rubber or urathane from a old jrc I had in early days, I only use 200 khz - Tap A ?
The other is a 50khz Radarsonics 16 degree beam in a 3000 housing Tap B?

Cheers Luke

luke343,

Keep in mind that the DFF1 is a 600 Watt/1kW Fish finder that uses a fixed frequency 50/200 kHz, and it was designed for use in Recreational Fishing.

The DFF3 is a 1,2,3kW External Black Box Echo Sounder and it has the ability for selectable frequencies. This unit was designed for use for the Sportfishing and Light Commercial Fishing market.

So the transducers that you currently have installed in the boat are not ones that Furuno have approved for use with our Fish Finder or Echo Sounders. You can try using the TAP Settings that you have listed, but not knowing what are the exact voltages specifications of those transducers, you do run the risk of damage. :noway

- Deep Blue

Thanks Deep B;ue,
Yes its a bit of a gamble hopefully comes off. if not new traducers will have to happen

What about Software update? Is there a PC/LAn way?.

Cheers Luke

luke343":j9p7fhls said:
What about Software update? Is there a PC/LAn way?.

Cheers Luke

Yes, you can either send in the DFF1 to our Camas, WA Service/Repair center and we'll do it for you for a minor cost. Otherwise the software and instructions are listed under the DFF1 software tab in the product support page.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thanks Maggy,
I have the dff1 sorted with the software update. Is there a file available for the DFF3 that you can send me? As I don't have a MFD the standard download will not work.

Cheer Luke

The DFF3 software update by PC is typically handled by a local authorized Furuno dealer, otherwise it's generally recommended to just send in the unit to Furuno USA's service / repair center and we'll perform the update and send it back to you. If either of those options are not viable PM me and I might be able to provide a guide.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back