TZT and TimeZero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seeing the answers on the Furuno site and I must say, documentation for TimeZero is a bit mysterious and I am an IT guy.

I have a TZT3, DRS4D-NXT, NavNet 300 and SCX20. I want to add a PC, network hub and a NMEA 2000 gateway to display Charts, Sonar and radar data from TZT3 on the PC. How best can I do this, and do I need professional OR Navigator?

TIMEZERO features comparison | TIMEZERO (mytimezero.com)
When I get this figured out, I might make my first TikTok with the how to :)

Here's a good place to start. TZ Navigator doesn't come with the radar module but Pro does. It looks like with the TZT3 most of the work is done just when connected via Ethernet.

If you buy a lot of charts the pro would be recommended because it offers a cross licence agreement so you buy unlock codes once for both systems. The extra cost on charts with running Navigator can quickly run up if you buy many charts for outside the USA. The Nobeltec team is helpful with questions on their products. (ph 503-579-1414). I would recommend discussing options with them directly.

Pro is more money but includes radar, so it's really not much more. Go with plain Navigator+Radar if you want pretty and super easy. An IT person would probably value Pro for the wealth of features.

It will interconnect with both ethernet and NGT-1-USB or similar nmea2000 interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back