TZT 3 Software Update Procedure

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
Will unit software updates on the TZT 3 work the same as with the TZT 2 where it is usually best to copy onto a microSD card and use the chart slot on the back of the machine? Or will it be possible to use the USB port with a memory stick or the external card reader? Wi-Fi is not reliable at my dock so that option will not likely work for me.

I am asking because on my boat the rear of the units will be somewhat challenging to access. If I have to use the chart card slot, I can plan ahead on the installation and move some other things to improve the access to the back of the TZT 3s..

Since we haven't event pushed out the units with the factory version, I would have no idea what the upgrade process will be once they come up with any follow on updates. I expect that it will be much like the TZT2 process but don't know until it happens.

The TZT3 12" hasnt any "front Access" and update files will be loaded via USB from what I learned (power on and Keep power button pressed).

I think it might be a good idea to install a USB socket near the unit so that changing usb sticks is easy

Accessing the Micro-SD Slot behind a cover, fixed with two scres, is quite tricky because the Card is hard to reach.

Back